Online Media Planning & Buying (1 Day Course)
[vc_row type=”full_width_background” bg_position=”left top” bg_repeat=”no-repeat” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” top_padding=”5″ bottom_padding=”0″][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]Home > Training > Courses[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row type=”full_width_background” bg_position=”left top” bg_repeat=”no-repeat” bg_color=”#ffffff” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left”][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
Online Media Planning & Buying – (1 Day Course)
As shifts continue in the ways in which audiences consume media, advertising is traded, channels converge and targeting evolves, today’s digital marketer needs to be ready to understand this new media landscape.
This course offers a comprehensive look across all media, including display, search, affiliate, email, mobile & social, to give delegates the broadest view of digital media opportunities, challenges, buying methods and key considerations around the complexities of planning, buying and executing online campaigns.
Who should attend?
Anyone responsible for acquiring customers online or building brand awareness via advertising campaigns. For instance, brand managers, digital marketing and campaign managers, agency account handlers, marketing executives and media planners. Some online experience would be beneficial.
How will I benefit?
You’ll take away a broad understanding of the role of online media planning and buying, as well as the current trends that influence this role, such as media fragmentation, audience shifts in consumptions, web 2.0 and social media. By the end of the day, you’ll be confident in planning and executing an online ad campaign from brief to conclusion including planning, buying and measurement.
What will I learn?
This workshop is divided into three key areas – ‘planning and strategy’, ‘how to deliver an effective display advertising campaign’, and ‘delivery, measurement and analysis’. After attending the course, you’ll understand the trends in online media planning and buying, know the scope and tools available, and the different trading models used, including CPM, CPC and CPA together with targeted placements, networks and auctions.
A case study will guide you through best practice in behavioral targeting. You’ll also learn about the importance of analytics and tracking, and the most relevant methods of measuring effectiveness.
Planning and strategy
- How online media differs from other traditional media opportunities
- Audience behavior online: penetration rates, trends, challenges
- Online ad spends, so who’s spending how much and on what?
- Selecting the right channels, formats and placements for your campaign
- Key considerations to take into account when briefing and developing ad creative
- How to overcome the key challenges of online advertising and maximize ROI
Display advertising: how to deliver an effective campaign
- Understanding the role of online media in the decision-making process
- How to buy behavior rather than demographics
- Considerations for direct response versus brand objectives
- How to use media planning tools: ComScore, Hitwise, and AdRelevance
- Overview of free competitive tools: Compete.com and Quantcast
- Creative and targeting strategy, including what to consider
- Media buying options, rates and the art of negotiation
- The role of media exchanges
- The importance of integration with other channels
- Developing a good brief and understanding channel split
- How to study the interplay between paid search and display
- Using market research to study the impact online has on awareness
- How does social media change the planning and buying landscape
Delivery, measurement and analysis
- Third party ad-serving options and how to use them effectively
- The role that pixels play in tracking success
- Measuring the viral impact of your campaign
- Analytics and online advertising
- Measuring campaign effectiveness – DR and brand metrics
email@example.com – 0207 097 8525
BOOK YOUR PLACE
For the latest course dates please register your interest and we will notify you by email as soon as the course dates are available.
[/vc_column_text][divider line_type=”No Line”][vc_column_text]
firstname.lastname@example.org – 0207 097 8525
[/vc_column_text][divider line_type=”No Line”][divider line_type=”No Line”][vc_column_text]Training Course is also available in these locations:
- New York
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- new Jersey
- Abu Dhabi
[/vc_column_text][divider line_type=”No Line”][vc_column_text]Testimonials[/vc_column_text][testimonial_slider][testimonial title=”Testimonial” id=”1402515780-1-44″ name=”Campaign Manager, Moneygram” quote=”Great timing, good ideas, full of examples and very interactive.”] Click the edit button to add your testimonial. [/testimonial][testimonial title=”Testimonial” id=”1402515780-2-74″ name=”Ecommerce Co-ordinator, Next” quote=”The workshops and case studies were a particular favourite and were very useful and relevant to our affiliate program. The course was very flexible with lots of discussion. “] Click the edit button to add your testimonial. [/testimonial][/testimonial_slider][/vc_column][/vc_row]